2024 APPLICATION DEADLINE: Thursday, February 29, 2024 by noon.
Lee County Allocation Application for funding paid near the following dates: May 31, 2024, July 31, 2024, October 31, 2024 and January 31, 2025.
Your completed application must be submitted Thursday, February 29, 2024 by noon.
By identifying strong partners through the annual allocation process, our United Way is continuing to focus community resources on the most pressing issues, pulling together appropriate partners to solve problems. We believe this will help us to focus funding on the greatest impact within our communities.
We appreciate the contributions of your organization and look forward to seeing the impact your programs have made in our county over the past year.
Please call 815-284-3339 if you have any questions regarding the allocation application.
- Prior to completing the Application for Funding, please confirm your agency and program will be eligible.
- Agency must have a 501 (c) (3) status
- Focus of the agency must be human service oriented:
-Health & Basic Needs
-Education focused on children & success in school
-Financial Stability & Homelessness
-Youth Development & Community Enrichment
- Agency programs must serve and benefit the people of the Lee County Community.
- Agency must have an active, unpaid governing Board of Directors with regular meetings (at least quarterly). By-laws must be available for review if requested.
- Board must be locally or regionally based. If a regional agency; one or more Directors from the Lee County community must be included with good faith commitment to recruit such Directors if not in place at the time of the funding request.
- Agency must abide by all current United Way policies, including fundraising campaign policies. United Way of Lee County annual agency grant program funding requests can not include grant writing fees.
- Data should be based on the agency’s fiscal year except where otherwise specified.
- Choose the correct application based on how many programs will have a funding request.
- YOU MAY NOT SAVE AND SUBMIT THE APPLICATION LATER. I RECOMMEND PRINTING OUT A BLANK APPLICATION AND GATHERING ALL INFORMATION PRIOR TO COMPLETING. YOU MAY ALSO PRINT IT OUT, FILL ITEMS IN WORD DOCUMENT, REVIEW IT, THEN COPY AND PASTE INTO THE ONLINE FORM.
- Many items in the application require files to be attached. This is to streamline the process for all agencies that have the information in various formats. While attaching a document, you must hit upload for the form to submit. Acceptable file types: jpg, jpeg, png, pdf, doc, xls. This form will NOT accept .docx or .xlsx files. 6MB is the file size limit.
- Having issues submitting the online application? Make sure you have answered all required questions and uploaded a file for all required fields.
Choose the correct application for your agency:
- My agency is applying for funding for one program
Example: A child care center applying for scholarships.
- My agency is applying for funding for two programs
Example: A child care center applying for scholarships and teacher training.
- My agency is applying for funding for three programs
Example: A child care center applying for scholarships, teacher training, and after-school program.